One of my favourite food combinations in the world is peanut butter and chocolate. The taste is simply delectably divine!
I made these decadently rich peanut butter chocolate squares and gave them to a few people to try. They loved it so much that they want the recipe, so I decided to put it here. 🙂
For all you peanut butter and chocolate lovers out there, this easy delicious no-bake recipe is made for you. Enjoy!!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: about 20 minutes
1 cup vegan margarine
1 cup organic icing sugar
1 cup organic peanut butter
1/2 cup crushed gluten-free crackers
1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional: If you don’t like that “crunchy” texture for your squares, you can leave out the crackers.
- Melt butter into medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add icing sugar, 1/2 cup of peanut butter and cracker crumbs, and mix well.
- Spread mixture in a 8 x 6 inch rectangular glass baking pan, or a dish of a similar size.
- Melt chocolate chips with 1/2 cup of peanut butter into another saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Pour chocolate chips and peanut butter mixture over the filling and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Let pan sit out for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
-For vegan margarine, I used Earth Balance’s Original: http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/product/original-buttery-spread
-For organic icing sugar, I used Wholesome Sweeteners’ Organic Powdered/Icing Sugar: http://wholesomesweeteners.com/Products/productdetail/tabid/170/PId/10/Organic-Powdered-Sugar.aspx
-For gluten-free crackers, I used Mary’s Organic Crackers: http://www.marysorganiccrackers.com/your-products/crackers/original-seed-crackers
-For vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life’s mini chips: http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/chocolate-for-baking/mini-chips