I feel like I haven’t posted a recipe for a long time, so to match with today’s freezing cold wintry day (where I live), here’s a scrumptious, soft and sugary but healthy bite sized cookie to go with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee!
Also, I have it on good authority that children love eating these cookies as a healthy snack, so I’ll say this recipe is kid-friendly too! 😉
Here is my Cinnamon Sugar Cookies recipe, adapted from Bulk Barn’s Sugar Cookies recipe. Enjoy! 🙂
Makes: 24 cookies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 13-15 minutes
Total Time: about 25 minutes
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup organic coconut flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, vanilla and oil together.
- Stir in coconut flour and leave batter for 5 minutes so it can thicken.
- Combine cinnamon with 1 tablespoon sugar in a little bowl.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll ball into cinnamon mixture completely.
- Put on cookie sheet and flatten ball a little bit. Cookies should be placed 1 inch apart.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until dough is done.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely or enjoy a warm one after waiting for about 10 minutes! 🙂
-Cinnamon: This sweet and fragrant spice has a lot of health benefits. To name a few: it regulates blood sugar, reduces pain linked to arthritis, is anti-microbial so may help to stop the growth of harmful bacteria or fungi, and has fibre, calcium and manganese which are all good for the body.
Resources on Cinnamon: